Choose your Qualification
from the "Shared Resources"
Which physics specification are you teaching today?
Frequently Asked Questions.
There's more useful stuff below
These resources are written by physics teachers in Scotland for physics teachers in Scotland!
Register for an account and the site administrator will verify your status as a physics teacher in Scotland.
Then you can download as many of these resources as you like.
Our motto is that "sharing is caring" and there are over 10,000 resources that have been shared on this site.
Click on "Upload" above and our site administrator will upload the resources for you, send an email to all our 800+ members and credit this resources in your name.
Guzled (or Teaching Resources Ltd) don't own these resources - you do. They are shared by physics teachers of Scotland and this website provides a central hub for them to be stored.
Guzled started in 2015 and was primarily set up for A-Level and IB specifications. Guzled's founder, Sally Weatherly, is Scottish and lives in Edinburgh. It was important to her to engage with physics teachers in Scotland and she knew that the UK Guzled did not meet this objective.
When the previous website owner (Nick Hood) expressed a desire to move on from the responsibility - it was only natural that Sally would take this role. It fits so neatly with the motto of Guzled:
Teach Great Physics Lessons
They were getting out of control! 10,000+ resources and many of them relating to old specifications. It was confusing, messy and not helpful.
I've chosen the most popular downloads from the last 3 years to include in the main specification folders above.
However, I know that there are some really useful resources in there and I still want you to be able to find them.
If you click on the "ARCHIVE" link - you'll find all the resources in the old order of folders.
Nothing has been deleted - don't worry!
More general resources can be found in the "MISCELLANEOUS" folder.
They include things like minutes from meetings, presentations, teacher tips. etc.
There are procedures in place to ensure that this site is restricted to Physics Teachers.
Here are the rules of sharing/using the resources on Guzled Scotland:
- Teach with the resources — copy, edit and provide the resources to those students you teach in any medium or format for the purpose of educating them and/or their private study.
- After download, no sharing– you have been issued a single resource for your own use and the right to grant limited use of the resource to your students to use the resource as part of your teaching and their own private study.
- Teaching Resources Ltd (Guzled Scotland) has been granted permission by the owner of the resource to share those resources with you under the terms above.
- Attribution — If you have used other people's work as part of your own, you must give appropriate credit to the author of the resource, provide a link to the resource, and indicate if you have made changes to the licensed material. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor, the author of the resource or its owner endorses you or your use of the licensed material.
- No Sharing of Derivatives (except to teach) — if you remix, transform, or build upon the resource, you may not distribute the modified material except to those people you teach.
- Availability - Teaching Resources Ltd will generally make the resource indefinitely, but cannot guarantee that it will be available for download forever.
- Free use - You may not have to comply with the rules for parts of the material that are already licensed to the public for free or where a particular use of the material is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation under copyright law.
- Guarantee of accuracy - The resource is offered on an "as is" and “as available” basis and no warranties are given in respect of the accuracy of the resource or its fitness for a particular purpose.